The Little Prompter is a compact, versatile, and easy to use teleprompter that helps you quickly deliver a polished video to your students, to your employees, or to the public. Up until now, teleprompters have been clunky, expensive, and difficult to operate–and many required film studios or a production team. The Little Prompter changes all of that. It’s a simple tool that promises to help you nail a smooth delivery using just a smartphone and your desktop computer, DSLR, or webcam.
Using the Little Prompter, you’re more confident, your eye contact is better, and your delivery is . . . sensational. Here’s what it looks like in action:
Here are some of the impressive details
- When used with your smartphone and a teleprompter app, the Little Prompter can operate with just your computer’s built in camera and microphone! It can also pair easily with a webcam, DSLR, or handicam!
- The lightweight, attractive, and durable body weighs less than a pound, is made of expanded PVC, and fits in the palm of your hand at just 6”x6”x6”.
- The strong and adjustable tripod attachment support bar (used when attaching cameras) is constructed of sturdy 6061 aluminum—the same material used in airplane wings and fuselages—for easy and reliable attachment to most DSLRs, webcams, and small handheld cameras.
- The professional grade 70/30 BeamSplitter glass offers high transparency for camera and high reflectiveness for text. Seriously, this is the good stuff.
- Easily adjustable tension screws with protective rubberized caps for securing Little Prompter to computer monitor or ipad.
- Works for most smartdevices–including the ipod touch or even the iphone plus–(6.5”x3.5” max).
A Little Prompter purchase includes:
- Little Prompter body with high quality BeamSplitter glass
- Tripod Mounting Hardware: support bar and associated screws (standard ¼” 20 threads)
- Lightblock Card, to reduce light bleed from your computer’s monitor.
- Light Reduction Hood, to reduce light bleed from behind the Little Prompter.
What if I see the inside of my Little Prompter through my webcam or built-in camera? Most webcams and built-in computer/laptop cameras offer a field of view varying from 50-90 degrees. If you can see the inside of the prompter, you’ve likely got a wide angle lens. No sweat! The Little Prompter can still work well for you. Here’s are some apps that can help:
- ecamm’s iglasses is a great tool that lets Mac users manipulate your built-in isight camera. A little zoom, and you’re ready to record.
- Altercam is a similar option for PC users.
- ProCam for Logitech Webcams let’s those with nearly any Logitech Webcam adjust their field of view, color temperature, and much more. *This is our favorite!
*Little Prompter representatives tested these apps in 2018, but is in no way connected to the companies or developers and doesn’t take responsibility for their performance on others’ devices.
Not Included in a Little Prompter purchase:
- Video camera, computer, or smart device.
- Teleprompter software is not included—but reliable apps can be easily downloaded from the Apps store. The two apps we recommend are Joe Allen’s Teleprompter Premium (iOS), and Teleprompter Pro by Drunken Bear Media (android). Regardless of the app you choose, the most important features you’ll want is mirroring and the ability to adjust your scrolling speed.
- Video recording software is not included, but common screencasting software such as QuickTime, ScreenFlow, Camtasia, or Jing–or lecture capture software like YuJa, Panopto, Echo360, or Tegrity–can record video from your computer. Videos can also be recorded directly using many stand-alone cameras.